Saturday, January 23, 2016

Deck Chairs - Row by Row

I'm finally getting going on the 2015 Row by Row quilt panels.  The first one I attempted was created by Heart'N Home in New Hamburg.  I loved the fact that we could chose different variations of colours for the deck chairs and the sky and if we wanted sand or grass under the chairs.

What I didn't love was the use of heat n bond to fuse the chairs to the background fabric.  The fabric frayed and every time I look at the chairs I see yet another tiny piece of unsecured thread hanging off the edges.  I ended up trying a blanket stitch to tack them down but it looked messy and so I used a narrow zig-zag around the edges.  Better but still not great.



I've got a lot of ideas for the quilting.  A sandcastle, a sunbrella, and a pail will be added and then the clouds, water, and sand will get some detailing, too.  But...that will have to wait until the other panels are completed and joined into the top.

Until tomorrow, when I'm sure I'll have another panel to post....yeah, right.

Cheers, Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment