Monday, January 25, 2016

Under the Water Quilt Panel

Second one done!



 This one took a lot longer than I expected.  Thankfully, the finished look is cheerful otherwise I would be crankier than normal.  Under the Water is another 2015 Row by Row panel from SewEtc in Burlington.   I loved this store but haven't had a chance to get back there.

I complained about Heat n Bond in the last post but Steam a Seam2 was even worse.  I will never willingly use it again.  It claims to never gum up your needle.  It does.  It failed to stick to some of the fabrics.  I still needed to zig-zag stitch around all the pieces, partly because I want a bed quilt not a wallhanging and partly because some of the pieces weren't sticking properly.

Instead of using a fusible web for the next panel I'm going to try Elmer's washable glue stick.  If that doesn't work then I'm going to appliqué the pieces down. It can't be any worse.  Can it?

I hope your sewing is going well.  If you have any suggestions for placing the pieces down please let me know.  Thanks, Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment