Saturday, June 13, 2015

Honey-do list for me and this blog



Welcome to post #1 of Know Scents of Thyme.  Can you tell I like puns?

Good start.  Makes it look like I'm going to post something of interest.  Ha!  As per usual, when put on the spot I have nothing to say.  Now,  if this was yesterday I would have been non-stop ideas but it isn't so what was I thinking about?

I left my computer, did some much needed tidying up and then came back to make the following list.

1. Patterns in real life to be used for designing
   Evil cat is going to be my inspiration for a Zentangle design both as an ink drawing and later as a small quilt.

Evil Cat, otherwise known as Charlotte's Web.

2. Whole cloth quilt design
   The only one I've done so far was a great success.  It is being used as a seat cover on a rarely used computer desk chair.  Vivid stripes and floral prints, might not have been the best fabric choice.

3. Smiling faces in photographs
   I can't wait to share my ideas for getting great looks.  Did my comments on my whole cloth make you smile?

4. Colour inspiration
    I love these colours together.

Macro shot of peony



5. Tutorials on ?????  photography, sewing, and....?
    Darn, I just realized I don't have a watermark for Know Sense of Thyme, brb.

Anyone interested in how to create a watermark that you can add to any picture?

6. Quilt stitch inspirations
     Curved lines with beading will look fabulous.



7.  Textural juxtaposition for designing gardens
   Soft curves with sharp edged triangle appeal to my eyes.  How about you?  What shapes do you like to see next to each other?



8.  Patterns for quilting
    I am currently creating non-traditional quilts, landscapes and animals using a technique that involves machine appliqué with no raw-edges but still gives me the freedom to easily make curved lines. More on this in other blog posts.

This rabbit was foolishly hiding in my garden, yesterday morning.  Did he not realize that Maggie, my golden retriever, was out and about?  I was lucky to get this photo.  A few seconds later Maggie chased the rabbit away and got some much needed exercise.  Maybe, a rabbit will appear in my next quilt.  Right after the wolf, the fish, the flags, the.....Well you get the idea, lots of thoughts not so much activity.



Until the next time, bee creative.
Luv pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment